Overhauled Landlord Software Coming Late Spring 2020!
Out with the old: we’re releasing an updated version of our property management software. It’ll be awesome 😊
The Good News:
It’s going to have better features – and be easier to use – than our previous software. Benefits include:
- One-click rental applications & tenant screening reports
- Integrated one-click lease agreements for all 50 states, with e-signatures
- Next-day online rent collection, reported to the credit bureaus
- Rental listings syndicated to Apartments.com, ForRent.com, & others for free
- Free eviction notices for all 50 states
- Tracked, anonymized maintenance messaging
- Lower pricing across the board
The Bad News:
We’re being forced to launch the beta version earlier than expected, in mid-May (long story – more info below if you’re curious). The beta version will feature online rental listings, rental applications, and tenant screening reports.
Target Calendar of Feature Launches:
Late May: Beta version launches with online rental listings, rental applications, and tenant screening reports.
Early June: Online rent collection available.
Mid June: Free tenant discovery reports available.
Late June: Integrated one-click lease agreements and tracked maintenance messaging available.
Early July: Income & expense tracking, P&L reports, rent reporting to credit bureaus added.
Late July: Free eviction notices and other landlord forms available.
Why We’re Launching Our Landlord Software in Phases
We’ve been working on building out a brand new, custom online property management platform for five months. We were planning to launch it June 30, 2020.
Then COVID-19 hit. Our previous software provider, who provided a modified landlord software for our customers, told us in mid-April that they were closing down in May. Permanently.
So that sucked.
We wanted to provide at least some functions working, to prevent a gap in coverage. So we accelerated our timeline to launch a beta version in mid-May, and roll out the rest of the functions over the following six weeks or so.
It’s not how we wanted to launch our badass new software. But that’s life, right?
Shoot us questions or feedback below, because Deni and I personally read and respond to every single contact message you send!
All Questions & Feedback Welcome!
Fill Your Vacant Units – Painlessly
Advertise for Rent, Everywhere
- Enter your rental listing details and upload your photos ONCE
- Your rental listing goes out to Trulia, Zillow, and HotPads, reaching 120 million Americans
- Include an “Apply Here” link to receive completed rental applications and screening reports!
Free, Instant Rental Application
- Your applicants fill out a quick rental application online & e-sign it
- Optionally select to include tenant screening reports
- It all comes straight to your inbox
Complete Tenant Screening Reports
- FREE Applicant Discovery Report (with SSN Trace)
- One-click to include screening reports along with the rental application
- YOU select who pays for the screening reports – charge it directly to applicants if you want!
Instant Lease Agreements, Rent Payments & Financials
One-Click Leases (State-Specific)
- Click a button, and import your property and tenant data into our lease builder
- State-specific lease clauses, addenda, and disclosures included
- Includes landlord-protective clauses for maximum legal protection
- E-sign instantly!
Online Rent Collection
- Quick, easy setup
- Receive rents deposited directly into your account
- Full banking security and confidentiality
- Full integration with our expense tracking & income ledger
Expense Tracking & Financials
- Full rent ledger, automatically updated as rents come in
- Track expenses for quick & easy accounting
- Run Schedule E and Income & Expense reports
- Fast, simple, clean accounting
Communication, Maintenance & Ongoing Management
Tenant Communication Tracking
- Maintenance Requests: Easy submission & tracking
- Secure messaging and communication logging
- Shared maintenance calendar and messaging
- Easily share photos & other documents
Property Management Hub
- Document Storage: Save your signed leases & other docs for all tenancies
- Image Storage: Unlimited storage for move-in & move-out condition photos!
- Easy maintenance logging & records
- Track amenities, appraisals, costs, LTV & more
- FREE! No cost to members
- Generate late rent & other tenant notices instantly
- Click a button to create and send the notice to your tenants!
Transparent & Affordable Pricing
- Start Now
- Credit Card Fee: 3.99%Tenant Pays $1.99 ACH Fee
(or 3.99% credit card fee)
($13.25 / mo. - 34% discount!)
- Start Now
- Credit Card Fee: 2.99%ACH Free for Both Parties
(or 2.99% credit card fee)
Can I run credit reports without the applicant having to approve it online?
Yes, but only if you have a one-time site inspection performed. Otherwise, your applicants will need to approve your credit report requests on our online property management app.
Who pays for the tenant screening reports?
Ultimate members can also choose to charge a rental application fee to all applicants, if they wish.
Do the free general lease agreements comply with state laws?
What's your refund policy?
What is a "portfolio"?
For example, if you own multiple LLCs, you can set up a separate portfolio for each LLC.
Alternatively, if you’re a property manager, you can set up portfolios for each property owner.
Portfolios can have distinct names, addresses, phone numbers, and owner names associated with them.
Is there a limit on how many photos or documents I can store for my rental units?
Where is SparkRental located?
Our other co-founder, Brian Davis, travels all over the world, from Baltimore to Abu Dhabi to Europe. That’s the beauty of automated property management through our landlord app!
How do you verify rental applicants' identities for tenant screening?
Not funny? Okay, try this: we leverage credit bureau Experian’s Precise ID to verify all rental applications that include tenant screening reports. They’re verified not only through their identifying information (name, address, date of birth, Social Security Number, etc.) but also through their recent credit history and transactions.
As we’ve mentioned elsewhere, we take privacy and security extremely seriously. Our website meets Level 1 PCI Compliance, extremely powerful SSL encryption, and we even partner with ThreatMatrix to maximize security.
Am I locked into any kind of long-term contracts or commitments?
We’ll elaborate, even though it really is that simple. You can cancel your landlord app membership at any time. Our goal is 100% transparency and availability; that’s why we’re easy to reach, and why we display our pricing where it’s easy for anyone to view at any time.
We’re here for you for the long haul, and our goal is to be your landlord app and property management partner until the end of time. End of story.
What's SparkRental's refund policy?
The same goes for our lease agreements.
It’s that easy.
Can I manually add income and expenses to my rent ledger in the landlord app?
When you’re logged into the landlord app, just click on the Financials tab, and go to “Income and Expense Ledger.” There you’ll see a series of action links, including Add Income.