Build Rental Income.
Ditch Your Day Job.
Our Goal for You: Financial Independence Through Real Estate!
Free Property Management Software: By Landlords, For Landlords
We don’t charge monthly fees. In fact, most of our software tools are free.
Here’s a quick preview of what you can do on our landlord software:
- Post rental listings to many websites with one click (free)
- Request online rental applications (free)
- Request tenant screening reports: credit, criminal, and eviction ($39.90 total, charged to renter)
- Create a lease bundle (free version available, or premium state-specific bundle for $29.95)
- Collect rent online (free)
- Download prepopulated tenant notices and eviction notices for each state (free)
- Coming Soon: Outsource your property maintenance calls ($2.99/month for emergency repairs only, $12.99/month for all maintenance)
You only pay for the premium tools that you use, when you use them.
View a full pricing table for our landlord software, with a full list of everything it can do. We’re big on transparency around here.
Free, Instant Rental Application
- Your applicants fill out a quick rental application online & e-sign it
- Optionally select to include tenant screening reports
- It all comes straight to your inbox
Complete Tenant Screening Reports
- Credit, criminal, eviction reports available
- Charged to the renter ($29.95 for credit & criminal, $9.95 for eviction)
Leases, Disclosures, Addenda: All 50 States
- Free lease agreement available
- Or buy the premium lease package including state-specific lease clauses, disclosures, & addenda ($29.95)
- Maximum legal protection: ironclad landlord-protective clauses and addenda
Online Rent Collection
- Tenants can pay by either ACH (eCheck) or credit card
- Rents deposited directly into your bank account
- Full banking security and confidentiality
- Full integration with our expense tracking & income ledger
Tenant Communication Tracking
- Maintenance Requests: Easy submission & tracking
- Secure messaging and communication logging
- Shared maintenance calendar and messaging
- Easily share photos & other documents
Tenant Letters & Eviction Notices
- FREE! No cost to customize & print
- Generate late rent & other tenant notices instantly
- Click a button to create and send the notice to your tenants!
But Don’t Take Our Word for It…
“SparkRental is a one-stop shop platform. The software offers many online services for the landlord and an abundance of immediate free resources and information no matter your level of real estate experience. Explore the site and sign up.”
“Amazing resource! I have used the SparkRental state-specific landlord forms and lease for a few years now and they are great! Perfect for my needs and affordable! I also now use their property management software to track expenses for my rentals and it is easy to use. I really enjoy the up-to-date information shared through their podcast.”
“I am an absolute fan of all things SparkRental. The website is very easy to use and the customer service is great! I can also always count on SparkRental with their weekly Tuesday afternoon Facebook Live Sessions to elaborate on a known topic or to introduce me to a completely new one.”
Learning Zone: Buying, Managing, & Living on Rental Properties
Compare Rental Property Lenders
We’ve vetted several rental property lenders for you.
From interest rates to loan-to-value ratios (LTV), we’ve put together several comparison charts for investment property loans.
Rental property loans are inherently different from short-term fix-and flip loans, so we broke them down into two separate charts for easy loan comparisons.
And if you’re cash-strapped, read up on 15 Clever Ways to Come Up with a Down Payment for a Rental Property.
Never worry again about how you’ll finance your next investment property!
SparkRental’s Founders: Real Estate Investors (not faceless corporate hacks)
Spark Rental was launched by two friends and former colleagues, Deni Supplee and G. Brian Davis, who love passive income, and love helping other landlords and property managers earn more of it!
Deni became a landlord by necessity when, as a recently-single mom, she could no longer afford to pay for both rent and groceries for her four young girls. She rented out the master bedroom in her little rowhouse, and moved her bed into a walk-in closet in the hallway.
(Yeah, it was kinda like Harry Potter.)
But she ended up becoming close friends with her new housemate, and fell in love with being a landlord. She went on to manage first vacation rentals, then long-term rentals, then a 200+ unit apartment complex. And she bought her own rental portfolio in the process.
Brian has wanted to retire since he graduated college and sat down at a cubicle for the first time. Unfortunately, he had no idea what he was doing when he went on his first rental property buying spree. A buying spree which he undertook from 2006-2008 (which may have been the worst three-year stretch to buy real estate since, well, ever).
But all those expensive mistakes came with some hard-won, first-hand lessons. Which he’s gone on to share in dozens of interviews with media outlets ranging from U.S. News & World Report to Realtor.com to Time Money and countless others.
Brian and his family spend much of the year overseas, and have lived on three continents. But he hails from Baltimore originally and nostalgizes frequently about his Fells Point townhouse and kooky family and friends.
SparkRental originally launched as a free educational resource, but now provides automated rent collection, editable lease agreements, free tenant screening reports (for the landlord), a free rental application and premium online courses for landlords. We have some incredible innovations our genius tech team is building out, that we are 100% positive will disrupt and revolutionize the rental industry. Stay in touch, join our mailing list, connect with us on social media, and we promise to keep you informed and entertained!