Welcome to your new landlord headquarters!
Property Management Software: By Landlords, For Landlords
From posting your vacant rental listings to many websites with one click, to fast & easy tenant screening, to powerfully-protective leasing documents, we have you covered.
And that’s just for filling vacancies & new tenancies!
Our ongoing property management software includes online rent collection, expense tracking and ledgers, simple (and recorded!) communications with renters, property photo and legal document storage, and MUCH more.
Advertise for Rent, Everywhere
- Enter your rental listing details and upload your photos ONCE
- Your rental listing goes out to Trulia, Zillow, and HotPads, reaching 120 million Americans
- Include an “Apply Here” link to receive completed rental applications and screening reports!
Free, Instant Rental Application
- Your applicants fill out a quick rental application online & e-sign it
- Optionally select to include tenant screening reports
- It all comes straight to your inbox
Complete Tenant Screening Reports
- FREE Applicant Discovery Report (with SSN Trace)
- Pick & choose reports: credit, criminal, eviction reports available
- YOU select who pays for the screening reports – charge it directly to applicants if you want!
Leases, Disclosures, Addenda: All 50 States
- FREE lease agreement available
- Our premium lease packages include state-specific lease clauses, addenda, and disclosures
- Maximum legal protection: ironclad landlord-protective clauses and addenda
Online Rent Collection
- Tenants can pay by either ACH (eCheck) or credit card
- Rents deposited directly into your bank account
- Full banking security and confidentiality
- Full integration with our expense tracking & income ledger
Tenant Communication Tracking
- Maintenance Requests: Easy submission & tracking
- Secure messaging and communication logging
- Shared maintenance calendar and messaging
- Easily share photos & other documents
Wondering How to Pay for Your Next Property?
We’ve vetted several rental property lenders for you.
From interest rates to loan-to-value ratios (LTV), we’ve put together several comparison charts for investment property loans.
Rental property loans are inherently different from short-term fix-and flip loans, so we broke them down into two separate charts for easy loan comparisons.
And if you’re cash-strapped, read up on 15 Clever Ways to Come Up with a Down Payment for a Rental Property.
Never worry again about how you’ll finance your next investment property!
The Rental Income Blog: Buying, Managing, & Living on Rental Properties
Who Is Spark Rental?
Spark Rental was launched by two friends and former colleagues, Denise (Deni) Supplee and G. Brian Davis, who love passive income, and love helping other landlords and property managers to see more of it!
Deni became a landlord by necessity when, as a recently-single mom, she could no longer afford to pay for both rent and groceries for her four young girls. She rented out the master bedroom in her little rowhouse, and moved her bed into a walk-in closet in the hallway.
(Yeah, it was kinda like Harry Potter.)
But she ended up becoming close friends with her new housemate, and fell in love with being a landlord.
She went on to manage first vacation rentals, then long-term rentals, then a 200+ unit apartment complex. And she bought her own rental portfolio in the process.
Nothing makes her happier than spending time with her husband Jerry, five children, eight (and a half!) grandchildren, two dogs, her foreign exchange student “new son,” and her live-in mother.
Brian has wanted to retire since he graduated college and sat down at a cubicle for the first time. Unfortunately, he had no idea what he was doing when he went on his first rental property buying spree. A buying spree which he undertook from 2006-2008 (which may have been the worst three-year stretch to buy real estate since, well, forever).
But all those expensive mistakes came with some hard-won, first-hand lessons. He’s since become a nationally recognized rental industry expert. He’s been interviewed by dozens of media outlets ranging from U.S. News & World Report to Realtor.com to Time Money and countless others.
Why did he start this business? Besides helping other rental investors avoid all the mistakes he’s made, Brian lives for traveling. His current base camp is Abu Dhabi, but he hails from Baltimore originally and nostalgizes frequently about his Fells Point townhouse and kooky family and friends.
SparkRental originally launched as a free educational resource, but now provides automated rent collection, editable lease agreements, free tenant screening reports (for the landlord), a free rental application and premium online courses for landlords. We have some incredible innovations our genius tech team is building out, that we are 100% positive will disrupt and revolutionize the rental industry. Stay in touch, join our mailing list, connect with us on social media, and we promise to keep you informed and entertained!